Monday, October 25, 2004

Breast Size Of Countries

Initial assessment (7 weeks)

Here already seven weeks since my tank is water: it's time to take stock.

Some key dates:
- envy: August 15
- shopping tray: August 27
- impoundment: September 04
- planting: September 22
- first fish: October 09

Developments in 3 files:

23/09/2004: One day after planting

10/10/2004: 2 weeks 1 / 2 after the jungle!

23/10/2004: A week after the first gardening


First and foremost, it is worth noting the importance of to acquire knowledge to engage in the aquarium, meaning the importance of criticality, but also in volume! There are many things, and although not all are necessarily necessary at the outset, a number of bases are essential.
And therein lies the difficulty: if the internet through websites and discussion forums , brought to the beginner aquarist easy access to a huge amount of information, it made even more difficult for him to separate the important from the incidental and trivial or false.
especially as the hobby is far from an exact science: there are many rules of thumb but sometimes not necessarily substantiated beliefs. In addition, a ferry is a subtle balance between several factors, and each tank has its own balance. Hence the impression - true! - Conflicting advice from experts quarrels, truths become errors, etc..
Do not necessarily dismiss it all and try all alone in his corner: the failure is assured. But you have to read very much, take your time, and especially think, understand the reasoning, the mechanisms to take appropriate action. And expect to make mistakes anyway! The most important thing is to learn from its mistakes.

Regarding material, there is also something to lose! For
this initial assessment, I'd be pretty tempted to say that the tank has relatively little importance, provided it is of course correct quality. I enjoyed myself taking a mark, but a good tank would certainly have nude as well. The important criterion is the size, remembering that smaller does not mean easier (especially below 100 liters), although the budget is not the same (one of many equilibria aquarium!;) )
However, we must attach great importance to the filtration (powerful, robust, and large) and lighting (usually undersized). For filtration, it is better to trust the big brands. For lighting, there must be power, but I'm booked on the importance of brands and types of tubes, more marketing than utility. I completed
filter media Rena XP2 filter supplied with the tank and I added a tube to my 54W 2 x 30W ramp. I'll post articles on this subject soon.

Another major topic: water and its chemistry and the nitrogen cycle.
Here no history, you have to lean on and understand! Otherwise, this can lead to disaster, more tempting to do things than doing nothing else.
In particular, we should not focus only on pH but control the GH and KH. And avoid any product!
Similarly, we must attach great importance to the establishment of the nitrogen cycle (and at the peak of nitrite) and water changes. Still
items in store! ;)
For now, my water reacts as expected, according mixture of fact and adding peat .

Well, let's not forget that the goal is to have plants and especially fish! The plants

are very important in most cases.
It seems reasonable to focus on startup species easy, undemanding, and rapid growth. They will overcome the possible shortcomings (light, nutrient substrate, etc.) and compete with algae, almost inevitable departure.
For now, my results are very different, with varying degrees of success. This is often the case: some plants will take pleasure in a bin, others not.
Gardening remains a major area of growth for me! ;) I went back almost to the point of departure on plant growth Following the severe cut (see photo at the beginning of the article).

Finally, fish, these little for which we do all this ...
But we must do for ourselves as well (especially?) And then have fun, otherwise the interest is likely to fall very quickly. The problem is how to have fun in the choice of fish while accepting many constraints: incompatible species or inappropriate in a particular bin size, living in groups or couples, peaceful or territorial demanding maintenance, overcrowding, etc.. We must learn before purchasing.
For now, despite both of my death, I am very happy with my first purchases: Corydoras, Otocinclus , cardinalis and-red nose. I confess that I still work on my patience because I populate a little faster.

At the end, I spent considerable time on this activity in the last three months. The result is not up to my initial expectations in terms of quality. I'm still a little lost, or at least puzzled about what is necessary, incidental or ... But I am very happy with my tray and I still have a lot of envy!
continued ... ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment