Saturday, October 16, 2004

Axford Pocket Dictionary Registry

First interview Gardening, cleaning and water change

I realized today my first full interview since the impoundment. It took me the morning for gardening, cleaning, and make a little change of water.

I started by removing 10 liters of water provided for the change of water (keep it carefully though): it is always less for gardening. The

gardening session was mentioned in the previous article "Prime gardening .

I then thoroughly cleaned the tank bottom with my vacuum cleaner to recover the accumulated waste and also those gardening. My first residents did not seem very impressed by the thorough cleaning, gardening or by elsewhere.
In true fairy house, then I polished the inside of my windows with anti algae scraper.

Then I finalized the change of water by introducing 17.5 liters of fresh water (mixed with spring water and tap water) offset the 10 liters withdrawn early, evaporation for several weeks and spotting during Acclimatization example.

Finally, I cleaned my external filter. I have only touched the masses assigned to the mechanical filtration and not those of biological filtration that must keep their bacterial flora. And even for my foam "mechanical" I have cleaned one out of two, using 10 liters of water in the tank recovered from the water change. This preserves the bacteria because chlorine from tap water would have been devastating. I also cleaned the Perlon output filter ensures that the filtration of recent micro-particles.

There are many debates and theories on water changes and cleaning filters. I will see use on that seems better suited to my tank.

0 comments:

Post a Comment