Sunday, November 7, 2004

Naughty Wedding Invitation Wording For Friends

J 9 weeks: cloudy water!

event of the week is undoubtedly clear: my water is cloudy!
Already earlier this week, I found it less clear than before, but since Wednesday is the mushy peas!


02/11/2004:
8 weeks after the impoundment.

07/11/2004: 9 weeks impoundment.

I see one who laughs at the bottom! I will copy 100 times " I'm not making fun of this tank even though the pond with my neighbor's pig farmer seems clearer."

I can tell you it's skull under a storm last few days: why? how?
I nevertheless decided to use the primary quality of the aquarium is patience. Reflection and no precipitation. Hercule Poirot and the troubled ferry.

My first thought was to blame peat. In fact, I peat filter and this colorful and slightly cloudy water. 8 days ago, I cleaned my filter and I had the opportunity to shake the sock with peat. Would it have released too much "dust" of peat? As the action of the peat began to fade, I removed the filter and replaced with a good layer of Perlon. Ineffective so far.

The second idea was simply to think of a bad wound in my filter after maintenance. Not necessarily something obvious, but just something that is loose negate much of the filtration. I've mostly thought reading a thread on the forum Aquabase. org where a somewhat similar problem was due to poor filtration. But instead I removed this track after a few checks and tests.

Then I found many references to another possible cause: an explosion of bacteria. Without well find the ins and outs. Cleaning the filter was too violent and would have decimated my bacteria of the nitrogen cycle. The disorder is due to the reappearance of new bacteria with nitrite peak at the end. When in doubt, I brought a dose of bacteria (5 g of Filtrobacter Aquascience ). But no improvement after 48 hours. And my nitrites are at zero.

Without much conviction, I explore the trail of the biogenic decalcification. As described by Veronique on his website: "Sometimes it all the water tray that takes a whitish, milky. One has the impression that there is fog in the aquarium . As my KH is low (between 2 and 3) and my pH between 7 and 7.5 as peat now ceased its action, my CO2 level is indeed low, between 3 and 7 mg / l. But I see no change during the day. I started However, some tests of CO2 out of the craft tray and I intend to take action soon to confirm whether or not this explanation.

Last idea: a single-celled algae, especially diatoms that could appreciate the high silica water source Auvergne I use. But the descriptions do not match really.

Tonight, I decided to use coal Rena Bio Chem Zorb that came with the filter. This will continue discussions based on the result. I'm not for this kind of solution a priori, but we must do something.

However, my fish do not seem to suffer the least. I will monitor closely these days, especially with the hypothesis of possible peak of nitrite. My algae are also excellently! ;) Is it linked to elsewhere? The best part is that my plants have started to bubble tonight! CO2-free and with a very diffused light!

It's stupid but it gave me morale! I needed it. Especially after discovering
blog Nicolas, whose beautiful planted tank is already very Amano. It seems so simple ...



Having such a tank is in any case the goal that drives me and inspires me still. But the road seems to have extended at once. A but ... Here ... Nicolas also has struggled a bit ... A glimmer of hope!

whole story:
- J + 9 weeks! cloudy water!
- Muddy Water (continued)
- Muddy Water (continued again ...)
- Muddy Water: end!

0 comments:

Post a Comment